Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Puzzling Puzzle Rings of the Past

Another blast from the past hit me by total accident today while innocently (!) browsing eBay. How is it possible that I completely forgot about this ubiquitous accessory of the early 1970's among the middle school and high school set, the Puzzle Ring? You just had to have one, if only to have something to do to pass the time while waiting for attendance to be called in P.E. As I recall, there were only a limited number of different designs, so once you figured out the puzzle of your own ring, you could pretty much do any of them. I guess these were the natural progression for those of us obsessed with Cat's Cradle in the third grade. At least we never had our rings confiscated!

On a more thoughtful note, it strikes me that this item from my youth, and the happy reminiscence that it evokes, should be revealed to me today, a day of poignant and painful memories. A message, perhaps? But from whom?
Completed

Wishing you blessings and peace, today and always.



No comments:

Post a Comment